Friday, December 6, 2013

Do you give Handmade for Christmas?





This is my dilemma every year. Should I make something for someone or not. For one it is what I do for a living, I am a craftswoman and an artist. However some people just are not very appreciative of handmade gifts be it crochet, sewing, a painting or jewelry. I tend to buy straight out of the store for most of the people I know because, in my experience I get "the look" when I give handmade.You know the one I mean, the "oh so your being cheap this year look", even if it is made well or even if the materials were costly. Most of the time those gifts I give like that end up never seeing the light of day again after Christmas. I am always amazed with I sell the same items to enthusiastic customers that others snubbed there noses at getting as a present. Granted saying that I am sitting here making a scarf to send to someone for Christmas. I will not give up, I will continue to make for a few and buy what I can afford for other. Do any of you have this problem, I would love to hear about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment