Friday, August 3, 2012

What's Your Inspiration?

They say "Opportunities don’t happen, you create them.” so what inspires you and motivates you to create? Do you see something you like and decide you are going to make it or do you see the beauty around you and feel the urge to create. I am a painter, metal sculptor, found art , jewelry designer, mixed media, artist..lol that's a mouthful and I still think I left some out! I find inspiration all around me. I have an odd obsession with the Victorian era and the roaring 20's and find inspiration there along with many other areas of interest. My children inspire me as well as nature and a lot of the times my dreams. Aristotle said "The aim of art is to represent not the outward appearance of things, but their inward significance." 
So tell us what inspires you to do what you do?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment