Tuesday, January 21, 2014

What’s on your reading list for 2014?

Time for the next challenge. 
What’s on your reading list for 2014?

That is always a big question because I read quite a lot of books. Last yeas was one of my slow years I only got to about 60 books for the year read. I keep track at Goodreads with their yearly challenge. Best year so far was almost 300 books for the year in 2012. With so many book coming out that I want to read this year I will just focus on a few here. 

This first series I got the tip on from the pod cast Geek Chic. This is a great pod cast go check them out! http://geekchic.prismatictsunami.com/  
 I just read the first book in this series and LOVED IT! I will be reading the rest this week.

Magnificent Devices series 

 

The Magnificent Devices novels are set in an alternate Victorian age where the combustion engine has been a flop and steam-powered devices are capable of sending the adventurous to another city, another continent … or even another world. Society is divided into Wits (those who make their way using their intellect) and the Bloods (those who have inherited what they have).

Lady Claire Trevelyan has been born a Blood, but she has the heart, soul, and mind of a Wit. And therein lies the problem 

Next up on my to read list is the second book in the Throne of glass seires

Crown of Midnight

After a year of hard labor in the Salt Mines of Endovier, eighteen-year-old assassin Celaena Sardothien has won the king's contest to become the new royal assassin. Yet Celaena is far from loyal to the crown – a secret she hides from even her most intimate confidantes.

Keeping up the deadly charade—while pretending to do the king's bidding—will test her in frightening new ways, especially when she's given a task that could jeopardize everything she's come to care for. And there are far more dangerous forces gathering on the horizon -- forces that threaten to destroy her entire world, and will surely force Celaena to make a choice.

Where do the assassin’s loyalties lie, and who is she most willing to fight for?

 I will return with more recommendations soon!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment